Development Needs Inventory® (DNI®)
“Feedback is for CHAMPIONS”
A 360 Analysis of Management Strengths and Developmental Needs
The Development Needs Inventory was designed to help leaders understand their strengths and development needs better. This customizable assessment consists of 9 Base and 6 Optional Scales. When combined with a facilitated interpretation and feedback session, the DNI results provide participants a sound basis for setting development goals and tracking developmental improvement over time. This information facilitates individual growth and progress, increasing the overall effectiveness of the organization.
Benefits of Development Needs Inventory
What is DNI all about?
The DNI was designed with the following objectives in mind – To help leaders lead more effectively. Other objectives which support this primary objective are:
- Helps leaders identify their strengths and most pressing development needs.
- Guides leaders in planning for their own leadership development and in moving from understanding to action.
- Provides information that will allow leaders to make intelligent choices among alternative leadership practices.
- Call attention to critical relationship between a company’s structure, culture, and typical leadership practices and the success and failure of a given leadership style.
- Provide a framework within which companies can (1) make orderly transitions from traditional bureaucracies to flexible, rapid response organizations with team leadership or (2) make an informed decision not to make that transition.
- Help leaders lead in ways that get results, that are personally satisfying and morally sound, and that empower rather than overpower subordinates.
Features of Development Needs Inventory
How will DNI help you grow your Organization?
The Development Needs Inventory ® (DNI) is a 360-degree instrument that is administered over the internet and designed to allow managers, supervisors and others in leadership positions to better understand their strengths and development needs. The information provided by the DNI will help facilitate the individual(s) growth and progress and as a result increase their effectiveness in the organization. Designed for customization to the client’s needs, it consists of 9 Base scales and 6 Optional scales.
- Trust Building
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Motivational Skills
- Concern for Productivity
- Team Building
- Participative Leadership
- Disciplinary Action
- Time Organization
- Motivational Level
- Personal Growth
- Development of Reports
- Goal Directedness
The DNI serves three purposes:
- To help you better understanding your own managerial practices. This understanding will provide a basis for increasing your effectiveness as a leader and for planning your own career more realistically.
- To help you understand how other persons in the organization view your leadership practices – that is, to help you understand whether you see yourself as others see you. Armed with these insights, you can test the validity of your own self-perceptions, improve your human relations, lead and manage more effectively, and plan your career more realistically.
- To serve as a basis for setting personal development goals and for tracking your development over a period of time.