What is ONI all about?:
The DNI was designed with the following objectives in mind - To help leaders lead more effectively. Other objectives which support this primary objective are:
- Helps leaders identify their strengths and most pressing development needs.
- Guides leaders in planning for their own leadership development and in moving from understanding to action.
- Provides information that will allow leaders to make intelligent choices among alternative leadership practices.
- Call attention to critical relationship between a company's structure, culture, and typical leadership practices and the success and failure of a given leadership style.
- Provide a framework within which companies can (1) make orderly transitions from traditional bureaucracies to flexible, rapid response organizations with team leadership or (2) make an informed decision not to make that transition.
- Help leaders lead in ways that get results, that are personally satisfying and morally sound, and that empower rather than overpower subordinates.