3 Ideas from LMI
1. Believe in your full potential. Without first believing and accepting that you have a vast store of untapped potential, you cannot begin to develop yourself and your personal leadership abilities.
2. True personal leadership doesn’t mean following a set of guidelines or learning how someone else succeeded. Instead, it is based on deep self-knowledge, understanding your unique mix of talents and abilities, and leveraging your strengths for maximum impact.
3. Six essentials of Personal Leadership.
• Personal Responsibility
• Positive Expectancy
2 Quotes from Others
1. “Seen closely, the snow is a tangle of mirrored stars, each one flashing as its surface aligns with the sun and my eyes. The sunlight catches the minute ornamentation of each flake, revealing perfectly symmetrical arms, needles, and hexagons. Hundreds of these exquisite ice flakes crowd onto one fingertip. How is such beauty born?”
The Forest Unseen – David George Haskell
2. “The sun shines not on us but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us. Thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing. The trees wave and the flowers bloom in our bodies as well as our souls, and every bird song, wind song, and tremendous storm song of the rocks in the heart of the mountains is our song, our very own, and sings our love. Going to the woods is going home.”
Question to Ponder
How much nature is enough to make a difference in mental health?